Reopening Plan & COVID-19 Resources
Screening for symptoms of illness prior to coming to school continues to be the best way to prevent spread of a communicable illness in the school setting.
Calvert County Public Schools is currently mask-optional, except in situations of COVID illness or exposure. Please note the most recent Maryland Department of Health guidance for quarantine/isolation and mask recommendations:
Appendix A: MDH/MSDE Guidance for COVID-19 Symptoms, Isolation, and Quarantine
|Staff or Student/Child with
|Guidance for Management
|Positive test for COVID-19, regardless of symptoms
|Close contact with someone with known or suspected COVID-19 but no symptoms
Until further notice the following social protocols must be followed while in CCPS buildings and offices:
- Face Masks are optional.
- Sign-in and sign-out is required at all school buildings and offices.
- We encourage proper hand hygiene and sanitizing.
- Social distancing is encouraged while on school properties.
- To promote a healthy school environment, staff and visitors are responsible to self-assess for symptoms of infectious illness such as COVID, influenza, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and gastrointestinal infections before entering a Calvert County Public School facility. Staff and visitors should not enter if they are experiencing symptoms related to infectious illness.
- If you become ill while in a CCPS building or office, please notify a staff member and leave immediately.