Latest CCPS Guidance
Screening for symptoms of illness prior to coming to school continues to be the best way to prevent spread of a communicable illness in the school setting.
Calvert County Public Schools is currently mask-optional, except in situations of COVID illness or exposure. Please note the most recent Maryland Department of Health guidance for quarantine/isolation and mask recommendations:
Appendix A: MDH/MSDE Guidance for COVID-19 Symptoms, Isolation, and Quarantine
|Staff or Student/Child with||Guidance for Management|
|Positive test for COVID-19, regardless of symptoms||
|Close contact with someone with known or suspected COVID-19 but no symptoms||
Until further notice the following social protocols must be followed while in CCPS buildings and offices:
- Face Masks are optional.
- Sign-in and sign-out is required at all school buildings and offices.
- We encourage proper hand hygiene and sanitizing.
- Social distancing is encouraged while on school properties.
- Anyone that is ill with COVID or experiencing COVID-like symptoms or has been directed to isolate within the last 5 days will not be permitted on school property. Those entering on day 6 through 10 must mask.
- If you become ill while in a CCPS building or office, please notify a staff member and leave immediately.