Countywide book study with the following program goals:
- Foster discussions on compelling social issues
- Encourage reflection of self and understanding of others
- Inspire Action
- Create an equitable learning and work environment
2019: Closing the Attitude Gap: How to Fire Up Your Students to Strive for Success by Baruti Kafele
According to Kafele, educators can achieve remarkable results by focusing on five key areas:
- The teacher's attitude toward students
- The teacher's relationship with students
- The teacher's compassion for students
- The learning environment
- The cultural relevance of instruction
2020: What If I Say the Wrong Thing? 25 Habits for Culturally Effective People by Verna Meyers, Esq.
The author uses personal experiences, real world examples, and practical tips to help readers develop the skills and habits necessary to be culturally effective.