- Pre-Kindergarten Families
- Kindergarten Families
- Step 1: Documents for Online Registration
- Step 2: PowerSchool Online Registration
- Scanning Recommendations
Thank you for your interest in our prekindergarten program. We are ONLY registering families that have received a "selected to participate" acceptance letter from Calvert County Public Schools. If you have not submitted a prekindergarten application, please complete an application. If you have any questions, please email Kristin Plachno, Early Childhood Learning Specialist or email Joyce King, Supervisor of State and Federal Grant Programs or contact their office at 443-550-8040.
All students must be registered in their designated home school. Families DO NOT need to complete a transfer request. All registration documentation must be received before your child can be enrolled.
Special Note: Students that will be participating in a Special Education Prekindergarten Program do not need to apply or have an eligibility letter to register.
Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2021 in order to be eligible for Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year. All students will register in their designated home school. Once registration is complete, students will be issued a student ID number. Parent will need to contact the school, after completing online registration and submitting all registration documents, to receive their student's ID number. Using the student ID number, parents can request a transfer to another school building if desired. Transfer requests must be submitted using our ScribChoice program. All registration documentation must be received before your child can be enrolled.
Special Note: Students that attended a CCPS prekindergarten program this past year are already registered. You DO NOT need to complete a new registration for your child. We ask that you call your home school to alert them that your child will be attending this year. If their records are located at another building, that school will have them sent over to the new school building.
As part of Ready to Read Act Senate Bill 74, Calvert County Public Schools will administer a universal screener to all kindergarten students. This screener will help to determine if a student is at risk for reading difficulties. The screener, NWEA Measures of Academic Progress K-2 Reading Growth Assessment, will be administered using an online format in the fall, winter, and spring and results will be shared.
Directions for Online Registration
All students must be registered in their designated home school. Note: If a parent desires a transfer to another school building, a transfer request must be submitted.
The following items will need to be provided to complete your registration:
- Complete and print the following MSDE forms. There will be an opportunity to scan and upload to the online registration portal, or you can mail to your designated school (scanning recommendations can be found below).
- The following additional documents should be uploaded during the online registration. There will be an opportunity to scan and upload to the online registration portal, or you can mail to your designated school (scanning recommendations can be found below).
- Front and Back of Driver's License – You will be required to bring your original driver’s license to the school for certification prior to the start of the school year. This is required by the Maryland Department of Education. The school will email or call you to make an appointment to bring this to the school.
- Birth Certificate – You will be required to bring the original birth certificate to the school for certification prior to the start of the school year. This is required by the Maryland Department of Education. The school will email or call you to make an appointment to bring this to the school.
- Proof of Residence – Any one of the following documents:
- Home ownership papers (deed, mortgage coupon within the last three (3) months with parent's/guardian’s/custodian's name and physical address). Settlement papers may be accepted with the approval of the Pupil Personnel Worker. If you own the home you may be able to pull the deed from Maryland Land Records.
- Incorporated lease (real estate lease).
- Non-incorporated lease agreement (landlord provides a signed, notarized lease agreement verifying that the parent/guardian/custodian resides at that address) with at least two pieces of supporting documentation (recent utility bill, car or renter’s insurance bill, credit card or banking statement, court document, etc.). Pupil Personnel Workers may request additional documentation of physical address.
- The completion of a Multiple Family Disclosure Form in instances where the child and parent reside in the home of another family. These cases require a meeting with a Pupil Personnel Worker for documentation and approval.
Only Pupil Personnel Workers may, after an investigation, accept other documents to prove residency.
A driver’s license, banking account (checking account) utility bill or other bills are NOT sufficient documentation and will not be accepted as proof of residency.
Find out more information on residency requirements.
- Immunizations – The immunization record can be printed by a nurse, parent or health care provider from Maryland Immunet. The ability to print out immunization information will be helpful if you are not able to get to the pediatrician. Parents can sign up for Maryland MyIR and if matched can download your own official 896 form. It has an official signature and can be used for school registration.
- School Records – All school records from prior school(s) – These records include: Maryland SR7 (would be given if you are leaving another Maryland public school), report card(s), transcript(s), etc.
Once all documentation has been gathered, move on to Step 2: PowerSchool Online Registration.
Once you have gathered all the necessary documents please visit the PowerSchool Online Registration Portal to begin your registration (Chrome is the recommended browser when using PowerSchool).
Please view scanning recommendations below.
If using an iPhone, go to “Notes” and select the link to add a note. Select the camera and “scan document.” Once you take a picture of the document there are circles to align with the edges of the document. Select “keep scan." Continue scanning documents or select “save” and “done.” Then forward the document(s) to an email address or save it in a file.
Other free apps to scan documents are located in the app store for your device. If you download one of these free apps, you will be able to scan a document and email it to the school.