Grade Level Projects
Calvert County Public School students may fulfill the Student Service Learning (SSL) graduation requirement through a variety of ways listed below.
Embedded in Curriculum Courses
- Student Service Learning hours are awarded to students who successfully complete the Student Service Learning projects in grades 1 – 9.
- The program starts in first grade. By the end of seventh grade, students will have completed their 75-hour graduation requirement. The elementary and middle school Student Service Learning Projects are infused in science and social studies.
- Student Service Learning hours may be earned in any class where the classroom teacher oversees SSL projects that are linked to course objectives.
- Student Service Learning hours earned through coursework must meet Maryland's Seven Best Practices.
- Student Service Learning hours may be earned through a pre-approved independent student project that meets Maryland's Seven Best Practices.
All grade level projects were developed under content supervisor direction with input from selected teacher teams and community partner organizations.
|Grade||Project Name||Subject||Student Service
|Fourth||Historic Preservation||Social Studies||7|
|Sixth||Historic Preservation||Social Studies||15|
|Seventh||Bay Grasses in the Classroom||Science||15|
|Ninth||Site-based Environmental Literacy Project||Biology||5|
|Independent Study||TBD||Based on