Calvert County Public Schools (CCPS) offers online learning opportunities as alternatives for gaining original credit or recovering credit. Only students enrolled in a CCPS high school may participate in the CCPS Online Learning Program. Students have two options for participating in online courses, courses offered through CCPS for original or credit recovery and courses offered through Apex Learning Virtual School (ALVS), a Maryland approved vendor for credit recovery only.
- Take the Online Learning Interest Survey. After completing the survey, students will be emailed information on the registration process. Students who have PREVIOUSLY taken an online course interested in enrolling in an additional online course(s) are required to take the Online Learning Interest Survey. Please note, completion of the Online Learning Interest Survey does not ensure you will be enrolled in a course. Online courses run based on interest, enrollments, and MSDE approval. Spots in online courses are limited, and priority will be given to upperclassmen.
- Complete the Online Orientation Course in Schoology (Optional)
In this course, you will complete a shortlist of activities similar to those found in most online courses. This is a self-paced course students complete independently. Students who have previously completed the Online Orientation course are not required to retake the course.
Log in to Schoology to access the CCPS Online Orientation course (access code JHDT-5QGQ-QHDPG). Orientation should take approximately 1-2 hours to complete. Schoology will track your progress.
- Confirmation Email from the Online Course Coordinator
You will receive a confirmation email from the Online Course Coordinator letting you know you have been officially enrolled in the course you requested. Copies of any emails will also be sent to parents/guardians and your school counselor. The online course will appear on your schedule in HAC (Home Access Center). Before the course starts you will receive emails with information about your teacher, accessing the online platform, and a schedule of tentative dates if face-to-face meetings are required.
Tentative Online Courses Fall/Spring 2021-2022
Course offerings are subject to change based on MSDE approval and student requests in May.
Full Year (Full Year - 1 Credit)
Foundations of Tech – 8000oFULL
- Music Appreciation – 6370o
Semester (Fall/Spring - .5 Credit)
- Health – 7010so
- Financial Literacy – 5230so
Students scheduled for more than seven credits for school year 2021-2022 will be charged a fee of $325 for a one credit online course and $275 for a half credit online course (this includes a $25 non-refundable fee). A bill will be sent out by early October for all courses that take place during the regular school year. It will include instructions on making a payment. Full payment is due by the end of November.
Course descriptions, pre-requisites, and grade level restrictions are fully outlined in the High School Educational Planning Guide, available from your school counselor.
Please visit Summer School for more information and requirements for taking online summer courses.