The Department of Instruction provides support to schools for implementing the curriculum and instructional programs for Calvert County Public Schools. In addition, this office supports the professional development of all staff through a variety of programs and experiences.
Our department serves to increase teacher capacity and student achievement by:
- Providing curriculum aligned with the Maryland College and Career Ready Standards which promotes rigorous instruction for all students.
- Providing professional support to teachers and administrators through:
- Purposeful, meaningful professional development
- Ongoing mentoring and coaching
- Support during PLCs and Department meetings