The Department of Human Resources is dedicated to the discovery and selection of the best available employees for each and every position serving the students of Calvert County Public Schools. The role of the department is to ensure the highest caliber and the most diverse pool of applicants, both internal and external, for each position, and to ensure the continuous development and retention of the entire staff of employees. In a positive working atmosphere that fosters equity and equal opportunity, the Department of Human Resources provides quality service to internal employees and managers, and to the broadest possible applicant pool.
The office serves the students of Calvert County by:
- Implementing an aggressive recruitment and selection program that seeks the highest quality staff that accurately reflects the diverse needs of the student population of Calvert County Public Schools.
- Ensuring that each applicant receives fair consideration for employment and promotion and accurate information regarding the selection process.
- Providing counseling to employees and applicants in all aspects of human resources policies, practices, and programs.
- Providing continuous professional growth opportunities for all employee groups.
- Providing training to employees and program managers on a variety of human resources issues, including the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family/Medical Leave Act, Sexual Harassment Policies, state certification requirements, as well as state and local statutes affecting employees.