Maryland State Department
Title I Vision
Parents, families, educators, and community members are working together as real partners, holding themselves mutually accountable, and having the knowledge, skills and confidence to succeed at improving the achievement of all students.
To achieve this vision we embrace these principles:
• Parents, families, educators and communities are mutually accountable for increasing parent involvement in student achievement. This is a shared responsibility monitored and reported yearly by the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE).
• Schools have a welcoming, trustful, and engaging environment.
• Sustained and ongoing training is provided by the local school systems to enable parents and educators to be full partners, decision-makers and advocates for children.
• Schools respond to the increasing needs of the state's diverse parents, families, and communities.
• Parents and families support their child's learning at home and in school and serve as their child's advocate.
Parents, families, educators, and community members are advocates for all children.