The goals for the District Level Parent Advisory Council are outlined by Title I requirements that specify that each Each school/district should have a Parent Advisory Council which:
- Gives parents or guardians a voice in decision making related to development of effective Title I programs across the district
- Provides training opportunities so that parents or guardians can assist with skill development at home
- Provides regular and frequent communication to keep parents or guardians informed and solicit their involvement as full partners in their child's learning
- Is comprised of a representative from each Title I school who will meet quarterly.
- Offers input from a parent or guardian's perspective but is an advisory group, with final decision making resting with central office personnel.
Meetings will consist of information to promote parent knowledge of learning and strategies used to strengthen learning in Title I schools, to increase everyone's knowledge of the law and of local practice, and will be devoted to efforts to improve program effectiveness. Meetings may also address parental or guardian concerns that are raised about areas connected to schooling and learning such as school social services. Title I teachers and central office staff attend the quarterly meeting.
Upcoming Meeting Dates:
October 26, 2016 - District Level Parent Advisory Council Meeting at St. Leonard Elementary School, 5370 St. Leonard Road, St. Leonard, MD 20685. 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
December 1, 2016 – District Level Parent Advisory Council Meeting at Patuxent-Appeal Campus-Primary Building, 35 Appeal Lane, Lusby, MD 20657. 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
April 6, 2017 – District Level Parent Advisory Council Meeting at Barstow Elementary School, 295 Williams Road, Prince Frederick, MD 20678. 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Translation Services, Childcare and Transportation are available. For more information, call the Title I Office at 443-550-8049.