Worker's Compensation Information

Calvert County Public Schools' employees are provided Workers' Compensation benefits through the Claims Unit of the Maryland Association of Boards of Education. Information regarding these benefits is contained in the negotiated agreements. Guidelines for employees to follow when an injury occurs on the job are as follows:


  • Report incident immediately to supervisor.
  • Complete and sign "Employee Statement of Accidents/Injury/Illness" and submit to principal/supervisor within two (2) days of incident.
  • If medical treatment is needed, you may make an appointment with your personal physician.
  • Contact your supervisor immediately when your physician releases you for either light-duty or regular work. Submit the physician's certificate to your supervisor upon returning to work.
  • Send all correspondence (medical bills, receipts, etc.) to the Board's Human Resource Office.
  • Contact the Board's Human Resource Office at 443-486-4225 regarding questions (medical bills, telephone calls, continuation of pay, etc.)

Questions may be directed to:

Connie Palombi
Human Resource Office
443-486-4225 or